Making Cosmetic Improvements to Your Rental Property
When you have an ideal, long-term tenant in your rental home, consider offering some cosmetic improvements from time to time. You can offer improvements such as carpet cleaning, fresh paint, or even new carpet if it needs to be replaced. Making improvements without their asking can go a long way in keeping the tenant in place. Even little things like new doorknobs or a little touch up paint goes a long way in keeping your property in great condition while also making your long-term tenants happy.
Small things that you can do to improve your rental that your tenants will appreciate
- Painting or replacing the mailbox and house number decals if they need it.
- Updating light fixtures (exterior or interior)
- Carpet Cleaning
- Doorknob replacement
- Power Wash the house and driveway
- Have trees and hedges trimmed
- Replace any dead shrubbery
- Window cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Updated kitchen hardware
- Fresh paint or touch ups
Some cosmetic improvements are also deductible expenses. The occasional upkeep will be appreciated by your tenant and is just good maintenance of your rental home.
The following are some past articles we have written about improvements that might give you some ideas:
- What adds the most value in a rental home?
- How to Increase the Curb Appeal or the Wow Factor of Your Rental Property
- AC Preventative Maintenance
- Roof Preventative Maintenance
Looking for property management? We offer our award winning property management services in Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. Contact us today for more information.