Payment by mail or drop off at our office using the following payment methods:
or Cashier’s Check
Auto-monthly bill pay
ACH payment/ E-Check
Credit Card or Debit Card (a convenience charge of $47.95 is applied by a third party)
Participating vendors include Walmart, Kroger, Shop N Go, Dolex, Ace Cash Express, Quick Stop, Fiesta, Los Gallos, UNBank, Ralph’s, K-Mart, Continental Currency, and more. Tenants can find a retail location using this link: CheckFreePay Payment Center Locator, entering “RentMoney” as the Biller and entering a zip code.
Cash is converted to an electronic payment with real-time posting to the Lease Ledger within Propertyware and to the Tenant Portal.
Click the Payment Account button on the My Rentals page or alternatively, click My Payments and then select Payment Accounts from the drop-down list.
Click the Schedule Recurring Payment button.
Complete all required fields and click Next.
Once you have set up the recurring payment, the convenience fee or service fee is displayed under the Amount field.
Confirm the total amount to be paid each time and click the Save button.
For example, if there is a stain on the living room carpet, document the stain, so that you do not get charged the stain at move out. If there is no condition form you have no recourse to dispute the charge.
- AC out > 85 degrees or heat out < 40 degrees (Please note that for HW or special circumstances like Mark Adlam who uses his own vendor we can send out their HW or Vendor but if they don’t reply by the 3rd day we can dispatch our own vendor. In the meantime when you dispatch their HW or their own vendor Clone that Meld and send out a vendor of ours to quote the repairs to have a quote by the 3rd date in case we need to dispatch another vendor of ours to quote *Please use a vendor that doesn’t charge a trip or diagnostics fee*)
- AC out (Spot Cooling) the first 7 days will be charged to the tenant, anything after that please notify the owner that it is past the 7 days that you will be sending spot cooling to provide a unit at their expense.
- Toilet out and only one bath in house
- Hot water heater
- Sewage backup
- Leak from ceiling
- Water leak causing rising water
- Smoke detectors not working
- Building code violations
- Appliance outage is NOT an emergency (including fridge)
- Roof leak from rain is NOT an emergency
- Water leak under a sink is NOT an emergency
- Toilet backed up but more than one toilet in house is NOT an emergency
For emergencies during business hours please enter a request online and follow up with a phone call to our maintenance department.
If the landlord does not fix a maintenance emergency the tenant can have the condition repaired and deduct the cost from rent payments. The deduction may not exceed the amount of one months rent or $500 whichever is greater. If the condition materially affects the health and safety of an ordinary tenant and the owner is not making an effort to solve the condition, the tenant can terminate the lease.
e. Non-Real Property landlord will Not repair
The following specific items or appliances that may be non-real property attached with the home will not be repaired by the landlord:
Military: If Tenant is or becomes a service member or a dependent of a service member, Tenant may terminate this lease by delivering to Landlord a written notice of termination and a copy of an appropriate government document providing evidence of: (a) entrance into military service; (b) military orders for a permanent change of station (PCS); or (c) military orders to deploy with a military unit for not less than 90 days. Military Termination is effective on the 30th day after the first date on which the next rental payment is due after the date on which the notice is delivered. §92.017, Property Code governs the rights and obligations of the parties under this paragraph in addition to: SERVICEMEMBERS CIVIL RELIEF ACT (” SCRA”) 50 U.S.C. App. §§501-597b1
2. Family Violence: Tenant may terminate this lease if Tenant provides Landlord with a copy of a court order described under §92.016, Property Code protecting Tenant or an occupant from family violence committed by a cotenant or occupant of the Property. § 92.016, Property Code governs the rights and obligations of the parties under this paragraph. If the family violence is committed by someone other than a cotenant or co-occupant of the Property, Tenant must give written notice of termination 30 days prior to the effective date of the notice.
3. Sex Offenses or Stalking: Tenant may have special statutory rights to terminate this lease in certain situations involving certain sexual offenses or stalking, if the Tenant provides Landlord with the documentation required by §92.0161, Property Code. For more information about the types of situations covered by this provision, Tenant is advised to review §92.0161, Property Code.
Tenant may request an early termination to this lease by allowing Broker to seek an approved replacement Tenant and must strictly adhere to ALL of the following procedures.
Tenant must pay the early termination fee of one month’s rent plus a $200 Admin Fee.
Tenant must specify a move out date.
Upon receipt of payment and a signed early termination agreement, Landlord will begin to advertise the property in the attempts to locate a replacement tenant at terms equal to or acceptable to the landlord per the current lease agreement. Landlord may, but is not obligated to, attempt to find a replacement tenant under this Paragraph.
Any replacement Tenant must, in Landlord’s discretion, be acceptable as a Tenant and must sign a new lease agreement with terms not less favorable to Landlord than this lease or otherwise acceptable to Landlord.
Tenant will continue to pay the agreed to monthly rent, and all utilities, until a replacement Tenant is located and a new lease agreement is executed.
Tenant will vacate the home on or before the specified date given for their early move out. All security deposits are subject to the guidelines in Paragraph 10.
A special agreement is required to facilitate re-letting. Ask your property manager for the agreement if needed.
The Give Notice button allows you to notify your management team that you are moving out. This feature automatically notifies the management team that you have given notice.
From the My Rentals page, click the Give Notice button.
Complete all relevant fields.
Click the Save button.
On-time rental payments for the term of the lease
Property must be in Texas
For each year you remain in an Empire Industries rental property, you can earn 7% of the agents commission to be applied to your down payment or closing costs.
Home purchase price = $200,000
Tenant can earn up to $1,008
Submit your forwarding address when you give your notice to vacate
Cancel utilities the day after the lease ends – regardless when you vacate the property
Return keys and remotes to the office OR utilize the lockbox move out to return keys
Provide a copy of a reciept for carpet cleaning and for professional maid service when surrendering keys.
NOTE – Never try to touch up paint
Move in / Move out Reports
Security Deposit Disposition completion
Make Ready Coordination
Typical damage charges to a resident, that you should review
Large screw holes in wall (nail holes are ok)
Grass is overgrown, bushes not trimmed
Garbage or items in the home
Broken windows, ripped screens