What is the cost of the application?
The cost of the application is $60 for any lease or occupant applicant that is 18 years of age or older.
What do you check when you process the application?
We outsource to a third party company Acutrac and they run credit, criminal and eviction check. They also verify employment, income and rental history.
When do you process applications?
Applications are processed only when we receive a FULL application packet. A FULL application packet consists of the following:
- Application is filled out online and PAID for
- All adults 18 and older fill out the application
- Proof of income: 2 months or 8 weeks of paystubs
- Copy of driver’s license is received
- Upload a picture of you with your pet, if applicable
Once a full packet is received, applications are processed MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Applications are not processed over the weekends or on holidays
What are your rental qualifications?
- You must make three times the amount of rent
- No evictions on your record
- If there is a broken lease in the last five years, must have re-established rental history
- Criminal records and convictions may be grounds for denial
- Credit is on a case by case basis. The higher the rent the more weighted the debt to income ratio becomes. Bad credit or No credit is acceptable.
- Bankruptcy MUST be dismissed or discharged
- Must submit two months of current pay stubs, if self-employed must have last year tax return.
- Must submit a copy of your driver’s license
- Must submit a copy of your social security card
- Pets are a case by case basis. No dangerous breeds
- Anyone who is 18 or older MUST submit an application
- The total number of occupancy must not exceed two persons per bedroom
I filled out the application online, where do I send my pay stubs and copy of driver’s license and social security card?
You can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax them to 1.888.866.6727.
How long does it take to process an application?
Applications take between 24 – 72 hours to process. We run credit, criminal and eviction history, we verify employment and income and we verify rental history. Getting in touch with previous landlords and employers can take a couple of days.
If I get denied, do I get my money back?
If you are denied because you do not qualify, you do not get your money back.
How do I know if I have been approved?
Someone from our staff will contact you and your agent within 72 hours and let you know if you have been approved or denied. If you are denied, a letter will also be emailed to you.
How many applications do you run?
Empire Industries Property Management operates on a first come first serve basis when running applications. Only completed, PAID for applications will be run.
How long will you hold a property?
Empire will hold a property up to 30 days in most cases. However, this is a case by case basis as each of our owners has different guidelines on how long they are willing to hold a property.
Do you take pets? If so, are there any additional costs?
PET ACCEPTANCE FEE
Pet policies vary from one homeowner to another. Some owners do not permit pets, while others restrict type and/or size of pets. No more than two pets per household are permitted without specific owners’ approval.
Property Insurance Companies do not allow certain particular Breeds, either purebred or mixed. Therefore, dogs fully or partially of the following breeds will be rejected:
Akita, American Bulldog, Bullmastiff, Mastiff, Chow, Doberman, German shepherd, Husky. Presa Canario, Pit Bull, Siberian Husky, Staffordshire Terrier, “Wolf Dog”, Bull Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier, Rottweiler and any combination of these.
Tenants will be evicted for misrepresenting any of the above type of dog, as well as for being in possession of any poisonous, dangerous, endangered species or otherwise illegal pet. Our pet policies are strictly enforced, and any breach will be grounds for termination of your lease agreement at tenant’s expense.
- There is a $250 non-refundable pet acceptance fee for each pet
- There is NO pet deposit
- There is NO pet rent
- There is NO pet application
- There is a $89 pet inspection fee in the 9th month of the lease
- Special consideration is given to “Service Animals” that assist a tenant with special medical needs (please provide proper documentation).
We require with your application a picture of each pet with you as the owner, that will be on the property.
Please have pet selfie photos ready to upload when applying.
We may require you to bring the dog(s) to our office for approval.
- No Aquariums larger than 10 Gallons allowed.
- No ferrets, reptiles or rodents of any kind are permitted as pets.
- All birds must be confined in cages and not allowed to reside outside their cage.
Learn more about our PET POLICY.
I filled out an application, but you already accepted an applicant. Do I get my money back?
Yes, if we do not run your application we reimburse your money. It will take approximately 7 – 10 business days for a check to be cut.
I have a copy of my own credit report, can you use this one?
No. We obtain a new credit report for each applicant.
Ready to apply?
Go to our How to Apply page to find a list of documents you will need before applying online.